Implemented a coherent back up strategy and involved in the introduction of a modern network and the change from Mac OS 7.x.x to OS 9. Continued to carry out my duties as a typesetter/art-worker and repro operator, liaising with clients and taking design briefs.
Design and production of publicity material for a variety of companies from original concept to final film. Liaised with outside designers and make their files print ready. I was also responsible for ordering materials and organizing the servicing of equipment. Developed and implemented a back up strategy.
Various positions in Derby.
• Designing brochures, leaflets and flyers for local businesses and organisations.
• Gained modern qualifications in DTP and AutoCAD.
• Produced artwork for a local magazine.
• Producing films for confectionary packaging and gift wrapping paper.
• Film separations for personalised cheque books from High Street Banks.
• Tickets for National Express Coaches and other forms of security printing.
• Dark Room practice, generating half tones, reversals and bromides.
• Production of local free news papers.
At Esperanto Graphics I was a member of a team producing local free news papers. I pasted up pages, created adverts and worked in the Dark Room generating half tones, reversals and bromides. Eventually I was responsible for producing one publication per week.
Media Training, London. June ‘99
Course in Photoshop 4
Wilmorton College, Derby. June ’95 – July ‘98
AutoCAD City & Guilds level 1 (3 Dimensional)
AutoCAD City & Guilds level 1 (2 Dimensional)
DTP City & Guilds level 2
BTEC Certificate of achievement in computer programming
Derby College of Art. June ‘93
DTP (Quark Xpress) (short course)
City Poly London. June ‘92
DTP (PageMaker) (Short course)
I like to spend my spare time with friends, enjoying an active social life. I also enjoy working on my Mac at home, which I find a great way to unwind, letting me create and experiment in ways I would be unable to do any other time. It is also a fantastic opportunity to keep ones self up to date with new software and developments.
I am an Administrator for b4print a recent start-up web site for the global pre-press community.
My other interests include classic British motorcycles.